Fax: (517) 663-1116
Duties of the City Assessor include placing an annual assessed value and taxable value on all real and personal property within the City for the purpose of levying property taxes. All City property records are maintained by the Assessing Department including name and address changes, transfer affidavits, homestead exemptions and parcel descriptions. The Assessor establishes the true cash (fair market) value of real and personal property. The fair market value determines property: assessed value (half the true cash value), and the taxable value in the year following a sale.
The Assessing Department maintains all City property records including name and address changes, transfer affidavits, homestead exemptions and parcel descriptions. The Assessor establishes the true cash (fair market) value of real and personal property within the City for the purpose of levying property taxes.
For up to date assessment information please click this link. https://bsaonline.com/?uid=208
* there is a small convenience fee to obtain this information
2022 Board of Review
The Eaton Rapids Board of Review will be held at City Hall, 200 S Main St, on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 8, at 2:00 p.m. Organizational Meeting
- Monday March 14, from 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for Appeals
- Wednesday March 16, from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for Appeals
To schedule a Board of Review appointment and receive a petition please email Randy via the email link above or call 517-541-1555.
By board resolution, residents can protest by letter, provided protest letter is received prior to March 14. Post marks are not accepted.
The tentative ratios and the estimated multipliers for each class of real property and personal property are as follows:
- Commercial | 48.17% | 1.0379
- Residential | 46.26% | 1.0808
- Industrial | 47.12% | 1.0611 Personal
- Property | 50.00% | 1.0000
- Utility | 50.00% | 1.0000
The City will provide necessary reasonable services to individuals with disabilities at the Board of Review meetings upon 7 days notice.