Rosehill Cemetery was established in the late 1800’s and is located on West Street. Dotted with century-old majestic oak, maple and flowering spirea, the cemetery is a great place to visit for a few moments of peace and reflection. Veteran’s markers from as early as the war of 1812 are found throughout the grounds. The older sections of the grounds have many ornate grave markers reflecting the skill and artistry of past generations of sculptors.
Administrative hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Cemetery closes at dusk.
For information, please contact City Hall at 517-663-8118.
Purchase of Burial Lot
- Resident/Taxpayer: $500.00
- Non-Resident: $700.00
- Weekdays: $500.00 (After 3pm: $550.00)
- Weekends: $550.00
- Holidays: $650.00
- Babyland including lot: $100.00
- Baby on Parents Lot: $50.00
- Weekdays: $250.00 (After 3pm: $300.00)
- Weekends: $300.00
- Holidays: $450.00
- Weekdays: $50.00
- Saturday: $75.00
- Sunday & Holidays: $150.00
- Foundations are .50 cents per square inch with a $70.00 minimum.
The City Council establishes the fees for cemetery-related items. Periodically, these fees are reviewed and may be subject to change without notice.